I began playing music on the piano at the six years of age…later playing the guitar in the late 1980’s — then went on learning to play several string instruments including Acoustic Bass/Electric Bass guitar/Violin/Mandolin and Banjo–with my primary instrument being the guitar/and Electric Bass…
I’ve played and performed in many groups/styles of music such as Gospel/country/country rock/Blues/R&B/Funk/Motown/Soul/Jazz and Blues/Rock and Roll/and classical (solo guitar performances) to several original projects.
My musical background/education includes studying/playing with:
* West Coast session Guitarist Greg Mulligan 1976-79
* Violinist Leopold Shopmaker (Kansas City Symphony) 1987-89
* Classical Guitar Joe English 1994-96
* Jazz Guitar Marlin Cooper (Kansas City Kansas Community College) 1992-95
* Brian Harmon / 2001-2002
* Pat Martino Master Class 2001 UMKC Conservatory.
I currently teach guitar/electric bass (4/5/6/7 string bass), banjo, and mandolin lessons at The Tune Shop in Leavenworth Kansas (spring 2003) also authoring a Guitar Method and various CD recording projects (Solo Contemporary/Smooth Jazz CD to be Released in 2008) and, of course, performing, composing and arranging.